Low Level Laser Therapy
Low Level Laser Therapy is the application of red and near infra-red light over injuries to improve soft tissue healing. It is commonly used to treat a range of persistent conditions which can be difficult to treat. These include all types of joint and muscle pains, sprains and strains including back and neck pain and arthritis.
This treatment has no adverse effects, as the lasers used are not sufficiently strong to damage cells.
Low Level Laser Therapy uses light energy to stimulate cells, helping them to function optimally, which in turn encourages the healing process. Once the photons find the injured tissues, they stimulate and energise the cells to repair and strengthen at a remarkably fast rate. Collagen production is stimulated so the ligaments and tissues grow stronger than with normal healing.
Whether pain has been caused by a sports injury, accident or has developed over time, low level laser therapy is proven to offer effective, long-term relief from aches and pains.
LLLT has undergone over 1000 published laboratory studies and is already proven in over 200 successful randomised double blind controlled clinical trials (RCT’s).
The intensity of LLLT lasers and LED’s is not high like a surgical laser. There is no heating effect but the effects are through light stimulation to cells, so LLLT therapy is completely painless. Unlike other electrotherapy modalities, it does not aim to alter a cell or tissues, instead it enhances what a cell would do naturally by providing energy to the mitochondria.
Clinical Benefits Of Low Level Laser Therapy
• Infra-red low level laser therapy
• Non-invasive and non-surgical
• Evidence-based treatment with clinically proven results
• No side effects and no adverse effects.
• Effective safe treatment for acute or chronic musculoskeletal pain of traumatic or inflammatory origin
• All types of tissue damage can be treated
• Safe to use immediately after injury acquisition
• Eliminates pain
• Reduces the need for pharmaceuticals
• Restores normal range of motion and physical function
• All ages can be treated
• Pain-free comfortable treatment
• Provides a treatment alternative for patients who have not responded to conventional therapies
Effective Drug-Free Treatment For
• Sports Injuries
• Back and Neck Pain
• Tendonitis Hip and shoulder
• Unresolved sprains and strains
• Bursitis Shoulder and Hip
• Tennis Elbow
• Plantar Fasciitis
• Carpal Tunnel
• Rotator Cuff Damage
• Frozen Shoulder
• Morton’s Neuroma, Foot Bursitis, Foot Pain